Improve social and economic wel being of the vulnerable tribal women in Odisha
About My Work
- “To play a facilitative role in the struggle for rights of the poor and marginalized over resources, opportunities, institutions and processes.” RCDC works in three key areas: policy advocacy, research, and field interventions, facilitating Rights & Entitlements of the poor community members to resources they traditionally own, manage or are natural custodian of; Economic and social empowerment of the poor and vulnerable; and Environmental sustainability will be the focus of all programmes.
• To build institutional stability in the various organizations (cooperatives both primary and secondary/apex producer company) to procure, add value and market different forest produces including NTFP and surplus agricultural produces.
• A long term goal is for the apex cooperatives to handle the marketing operations independent of RCDC and be able to organize financial resources as and when required.
• To help cooperatives to set up NTFP enterprises. enhance returns on trade of NTFP and agriculture produces to producers families in the institution
• To increase the numbers of families that are members of existing cooperatives, with the expectation of ensuring 80% of families in the cooperative area of operation are included.
• To strengthen and popularize the ecological and economic sustainability of trade of NTFP and promote sustainable management of NTFP
• To undertake policy research and advocacy focusing on the linkages between PESA and FRA, magnitude of household dependency on NTFP, sustainable harvesting protocols and product specific trade policies.
Issues of Interest
Inclusive Business: Value Chains, Inclusive Business: Products and Services, Low carbon and climate resilient business models, Investment Climate & Regulation, Working with farmers & the informal sector, Driving & managing change inside the company
Main Reason for Joining this Site
Finding partners and/or Facility support for project delivery
You need to be a member of THE PRACTITIONER HUB to add comments!