International Business Leaders Forum (IBLF) and UKAID (DfID Bangladesh) had requested the CSR Centre Bangladesh
to conduct a Base Scan Survey on Inclusive Business Models in Bangladesh in the period April 2010.
The objective of the survey was to scope the business environment in Bangladesh to realize whether the private sector had some understanding on inclusive business and to what extent inclusive businesses models exist and what are its various forms.
The CSR Centre had conducted a Base Scan Survey of 20 larger sized organizations and companies who not only have large annual capital turnover but those who are well reputed in their specific sectors at the national level.
One of the main findings
of the report
(pdf, 36 pages):
- Inclusive Business is comparatively new phrase in Bangladesh although during the it was found that most of the organizations, some way or the other, is active with the activity of inclusive business.
Based on the findings the report identifies some key recommendations
such as to:
- create greater awareness of inclusive business models
- identify tools and techniques to measure the positive impact of IB initiatives
- foster the growth of inclusiveness in the business community through Public-Private Partnerships
- showcase best practices
- enable businesses better access to information